Wedding Giveaway – Terms and Conditions
The Terms and Conditions below govern The Boo Wedding Giveaway. All information provided prior to entering The Boo Wedding Giveaway, including any instructions on how to enter The Boo Wedding Giveaway, form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in The Boo Wedding Giveaway is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Any entry not complying with these Terms and Conditions may be deemed invalid. There is no purchase required to enter or win.
HOW TO ENTER
- To enter, the couple (entrants) will film and submit via the online form a 1 minute video which explains their love story – for example: how they met, how they got engaged or what makes their love unique.
- Submissions open on 4th of April 2018.
- Submissions close on 20th of May 2018.
- The Prize detailed below is valid for use between the 1st of June 2018 and the 28th of October 2018 on any afternoon or evening during this period in consultation with our functions manager. The Wedding Reception is to be held in the Marquee at The Boo. The prize is not transferrable to another date and must be executed within licence hours of The Boo (10am to midnight).
WHO CAN ENTER
- Entry is open to residents of Queensland, Australia who are eighteen years (18) or older, who are eligible to marry. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, participating partners and agencies associated with this Competition are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- The Entrant acknowledges and agrees that his or her Entry will not be obscene, defamatory, libellous, threatening, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encouraging of conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, gives rise to civil liability, or violate any law.
- The Entrants confirm and warrant that they have full power and authority to enter into this agreement and hereby indemnify the Promoter from and against any and all costs and damages incurred as a result of any breach of these Terms and Conditions.
TIMING FOR SUBMISSIONS
- The Competition commences at 12:00pm AEST on Wednesday the 4th of April 2018 and closes at 11:59pm AEST on Sunday 20th of May 2018 (the “Competition Period”). Final Entries must be submitted before 11:59pm AEST on Sunday 20th of May 2018.
JUDGING/HOW TO WIN
- At the conclusion of the Competition Period, five (5) entries will be shortlisted by a panel of 5 judges appointed by The Boo. Shortlisted videos will then be posted to The Boo Facebook page for the general public to view and like. The shortlisted video with the most likes by 5pm AEST on Monday 28th of May will be announced as the Major Prize winner of the Competition.
- The Winner will be announced by 12 noon AEST on 30th of May 2018. The decision is final and binding. The Winner shall be notified via Facebook with an announcement on The Boo account, as well as a direct message and email.
- The prize winner will receive all of the following:
- free Venue Hire, for up to a period of 5 hours, of the Marquee and surrounding lawn at The Boo for the purpose of a Wedding Reception (valued at $1400.00), includes tables with white linen, chairs with covers, dry bars and gift table. Table decorations are at the winner’s expense;
- catering from The Boo for a maximum of 60 guests, with a choice of Canapés on arrival and entrée and main sit down or buffet menu, including staffing for up to five hours (valued up to $4,400.00);
- 5 hour House Beverage Package for a maximum of 60 guests (value up to $2,400.00);
The total retail value of these prizes is estimated $8,200.00.
- The Prize must be taken as stated and is not transferable to other dates or other events or other persons, or exchangeable for other goods and services and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- If the Winner would like to purchase additional services and/or products from The Boo vendors, these fees can be negotiated individually with the providers.
- The Boo is a full licenced venue with exclusive catering and beverage licenses in place, and therefore any external catering and beverages may not be brought in, with the exception of a wedding cake.
- If Winner is not contactable or the Prize is not claimed by The Winner prior to 2nd of June 2018 the Prize will be forfeited and will be awarded to an alternate winner. The Promoter reserves the right to reselect an alternative Winner following this outcome to distribute the Major Prize.
RELEASE FOR PROMOTIONAL ACTIVITIES
- The Winners agree to participate in promotional activities associated with the Prize, such as photo opportunities or media interviews, as might be required by the Promoter. The Winners agree to the Promoter using The Winner’s likeness and image for any purpose related to the Prize and Competition, as well as any promotional use in advertising, editorial and trade publications without further compensation or notice, unless prohibited by law.
EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
- If this Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law
- to disqualify any entrant; or
- subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate
- Any cost associated with accessing Facebook and mobile applications is the Entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the competition, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: a. any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); b. any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; c. any variation in gift value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; d. any tax liability incurred by an entrant; or e. use of a Prize.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies shall not be liable in any way if the performance of obligations hereunder is delayed or becomes impossible by reason of any significant weather event, war, fire, earthquake, strike, sickness, accident, civil commotion or any other similar cause.
- The Promoter only collects the personal details submitted/opted into at competition entry and will only use this information for marketing purposes as agreed to during signup (newsletters from The Boo and communication about competition details). If your entry is selected as a winning entry, you will be contacted by The Boo through the submitted contact details for the purposes of distributing the prize to you.
- The Promoter is The Boo ABN 83 176 764 494, having its registered office at 126 Breakfast Creek Road Newstead QLD, 4006, Australia.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the law of Queensland, Australia.